Thursday, June 4, 2015

DIY Pottery Barn Inspired Mirror


Okay, so if you guys have never watched DoItOnADime on Youtube, you're in for a treat! She films videos all about budget friendly decorating and organizing, and I am addicted to her channel!

Recently I stumbled upon her video for this Pottery Barn Inspired Mirror, and I loved it!

The best part about it is that everything she used she got from the Dollar Tree! How awesome?! If you're like me then you love budget friendly decorating, and sometimes it's just cheaper to make something than it is to buy. Also, it's way more fun!


The picture above was my inspiration. This baby is sold for $299! I mean, my goodness! I made mine for about $6-7!!!! 

I used supplies that I bought from the Dollar Tree, and some extra burlap ribbon that I bought from Wal-Mart for about $3.98. You're welcome! =)

*Click HERE to see the original mirror from Pottery Barn.

Here's what you need!

4 mirrors (from the Dollar Tree)
1 piece of foam board (from the Dollar Tree)
Super glue (from the Dollar Tree)
Duck Tape (from Dollar Tree)
Ribbon

- Start by gluing a piece of ribbon along the middle of your board.

- Next, turn your mirrors over and tape two together, side by side.


- Then, using your glue, glue the two mirrors to the top of your board, above the ribbon. Repeat with the bottom two mirrors.


That's it! How cute?!


Now, DoItOnADime used 9 small mirrors from the Dollar Tree, but I could only find the medium sized mirrors, so I just adjusted it a little. Use what you have and just get creative! Also, I used a little hot glue on the back of my mirrors, just for a little extra hold.

Try this project out and let me know in the comments how yours turned out!

Here's is the video that sparked my inspiration! Go check out DoItOnADime on Youtube!



To check out all of DoItOnADimes videos, CLICK HERE!

**It is okay to feature any of my photos or diy's as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit it given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment