So, I have to admit, I've never even been into a Trader Joe's, let alone tried their version of this Cowgirl Bark. I'm from a small town in southern West Virginia, not a lot of Trader Joe's around here.
With that being said, I saw people buzzing about this Cowgirl Bark on Pinterest and Instagram. People love it! They can't get enough! So, naturally, I was curious. I found a copycat recipe on Pinterest, and set out to make my own version of Trader Joe's Cowgirl Bark!
Here's what you need:
Trader Joe's Cowgirl Bark!
1/4 cup peanuts
1/4 cup slivered almonds
18 oz. white chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup pretzels*
5 gingersnaps, broken into chunks
(*You can use regular size pretzels, but I had a whole tub of pretzel sticks, so I just roughly chopped them and threw them on in!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop your peanuts and almonds, and then lay them out on your baking sheet.
- In the microwave, melt your chocolate chips at 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the nuts, and then spread with a spatula until about 1/8" thick.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the warm chocolate.
- Press everything down gently. Once everything is pressed down, drizzle any remaining chocolate over the top.
- Let sit for about an hour until the chocolate is set, and then break into chunks.
For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!
Alright, so you're supposed to let this stuff sit for an hour, right? Well, I'm an impatient girl, and I just didn't want to wait that long to test this delicious concoction out. So, I popped it into the freezer for a couple minutes until it was firm enough to break into chunks.
This stuff is so good! It's sweet from the chocolate, a little tart from the cranberries, salty from the pretzels and peanuts, and crunchy from the cookies and almonds. It's a delicious blend, each ingredient perfectly complimenting the others.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think about it!
Have you ever had actual Trader Joe's Cowgirl Bark? Is it amazing?! Let me know!
I found this recipe on Pinterest, so for the original version, CLICK HERE!
**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!