Monday, October 7, 2013

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe



It was a crisp fall day today, and there's nothing I love more than a hearty meal on a cold day! Once again I pulled out my crockpot and decided to make dumplings. Now, I cheated and used biscuit dough, but it was just as good. It came out a little more like chicken pot pie stew, but oh well. It was super good!

I used some frozen stock I had already made, and some frozen shredded chicken, but you can follow the exact recipe.

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

4 chicken breasts
2 Tbs. Butter
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Celery soup
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 onion, diced
1 cup celery,  diced
1 cup carrots,  diced
2 chicken bullion cubes
10oz can biscuits

-Excluding the biscuits,  throw all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 to 5.
-About an hour before you serve, remove chicken, shred, and return to pot. 
-Cut biscuits into tiny pieces (They will plump up!) And add in pot. Continue to cook another hour.
-*To thicken, take 1/4 cup of stock and 1 Tbs cornstarch and whisk together. Add to soup when you add biscuits in.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!

All in all the recipe was great. It's so simple to do, and so tasty!

Give this recipe a try and let me know in the comments if you like it!


**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment