I've stumbled upon this little website called Cupcake Rehab ( www.cupcakerehab.com ), and I'm in love! This girl has the best cupcake recipes, and I recently made her French toast cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...To die for! I ate 2 at once and then 2 more later that night...And maybe I ate one for breakfast, but that's besides the point. Anyway, here's the exact recipe from the website, hope you guys enjoy and don't forget to checkout Cupcake Rehab!!
FRENCH TOAST CUPCAKES
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- *1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking pan with paper liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
4. Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
I used cream cheese frosting on mine, so heres the recipe for that as well.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- a pinch of salt
- 2 & 1/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!
*Leave me a comment and let me know how you liked this recipe!
Recipe courtesy of http://www.cupcakerehab.com .
**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!