Monday, December 19, 2011

Craft Time - Framed "Vintage" Recipes


I'm so in to decorating right now, but it's hard when you have a budget. I've been learning and reading up on different ways to decorate on a budget, and I did the coolest project this past weekend! I antiqued a sheet of paper and wrote different recipes on them to make them look like old recipes, then I framed them. They turned out really cute! I love the old look they have.

You'll need:

-White paper
-Baking pan big enough for the paper to fit
-About 2-3 tea bags
-Lighter (If you want to burn the edges)
-Frame
-(OPTIONAL) Paper with a design on it (to use as the background for your antiqued paper.)

This is so super easy!

1) First, fill your pan with hot water and set your paper in it; add tea bags. Allow this to set for a few hours, until you get the desired color on your paper (Anywhere from 2-6 hours). Once you've finished dying your paper, allow it to dry on a towel (I let mine dry overnight).
2) After it dries you can take a pen and write whatever you want on it, whether you do a recipe, a note, etc. It's up to you. be creative!
3) After you've written on the paper, I crinkled mine to give it the old worn look, then I tore and burned the edges a bit on my big recipe. This is completely optional. Remember, this is your project, do what you want!
4) After that, I framed my little recipe, and then I glued my big recipe onto a cute scrapbook page and then framed it.
5) Done!

How easy is that? It takes a little time to dye your paper and let it dry, but that's the hardest part of the entire craft. It's so much fun, and I didn't spend a dime! I used things I had from around the house! My favorite projects are those that use things you already have!



Try it out and let me know how you like it in the comments! I'd love to see your pictures!

**It is okay to feature any of my photos or diy's as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit it given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment