Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Stuffed Peppers - Italian Style




These are my absolute favorite way to eat stuffed peppers! My mom introduced me to this recipe years ago, and I fell in love! Don't get me wrong, I love regular stuffed peppers, but adding a little tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese really amps up this dish!

You only need four ingredients! Yes, you read that correctly. ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS!! It honestly doesn't get any easier than that! Oh, and did I mention that they'll be done in under an hour? You're welcome! ;)



You'll need:

5 large banana pepper (or 10 smaller ones)
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 pkg. Hot Italian Sausage links
1 bag Mozzarella cheese



- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Remove the casings off of the sausages.
- Stuff the sausages in one large banana pepper (or 2 smaller peppers).
- Place stuffed peppers in the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Pour your tomato sauce over the peppers,  being sure to cover the peppers.
- Put them back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove once more and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the peppers. You can use as much or as little as you'd like.
- Place the pan back into the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Once cheese is melted, remove from oven.
- Enjoy!!


 
 


These are such a big hit with my family! I serve them with mashed potatoes and corn, and the Hubby loved them!

Now, I used spicy sausage and hot banana peppers, so these were pretty spicy. If you don't like spicy foods, no problem. Just substitute the spicy sausage with mild sausage, and the spicy banana peppers with mild banana peppers. Easy fix!

Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments!!!

Hope you guys are having a blessed day!! Thanks for stopping by!


**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment