Tuesday, January 19, 2016

15 Minute Cheesy Potato Soup*




I don't know about you all, but we've been having some crazy weather in southern West Virginia! One day it's seventy degrees and the next day they're calling for snow! I hate it!! I absolutely hate the cold, but there's always a sliver lining to everything. For me, there's nothing a steaming bowl of cheesy potato soup can't fix, and that includes cold, snowy days!

This cheesy potato soup is so quick and easy to fix that you'll have plenty of time to build snowmen and enjoy those winter wonderland days with your loved ones!! Fifteen minutes is all you need! No, really! Only 15 minutes!!! That means you have enough time to get dinner on the table and then be in your warm comfy pj's before your favorite shows come on! That's a win in my book! =)



You'll need:



1 package Bear Creek Cheddar Potato Soup Mix
1/2 small block of Velveeta cheese, cubed
8 cups water
Bacon Bits
Scallions
Salt and Pepper
2 cups frozen, diced hashbrown potatoes
1/2 cup to 1 cup milk, if needed

- Bring 8 cups water to a boil, and add in frozen hashbrowns.
- Bring the water back to a boil and then whisk in soup mix. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add in cubed cheese. Stir.
- Simmer another 5 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
- If soup is too thick, add milk and stir until it gets to the consistency you desire. (I added about 1/2 a cup.)
- Add in a handful of bacon bits!


 
 
- Garnish with more bacon bits and some sliced scallions!
- Enjoy!!!
 
 
 
I made this soup, and as soon as I sat down to eat it there was a knock on my door. My mom, niece, nephew, brother, and sister in law all came to visit! (My brother and sister in law just live upstairs from me in our apartment building) I can tell you one thing, this soup feeds a crowd! It fed all of us, and it was kid approved! Everyone loved it!! I highly recommend you give this a try! Especially if you have kiddos!!!
 

Eli Approved!!
 
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments!!
 
 
**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment