One of my favorite things to get at Outback Steakhouse (Besides the awesome bread and AMAZEBALLS mac and cheese) is the Alice Springs Chicken. For those of you who don't know, the Alice Springs Chicken consists of grilled chicken topped with bacon, mushrooms, and cheese. Yeah, I just described Heaven!
I'm a copycat recipe lover, and I love scouring Pinterest to find the latest recreations of restaurant favorites. I came across this recipe a couple days ago, and it looked so easy I knew I had to try it. Here's how I did it!
Honey Mustard Marinade
- 1 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- Sliced Monterey Jack cheese (4 - 8 slices)
- Combine the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour in about 1/3 of the mustard mixture. Seal the bag, give it a little mix, and then let it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours. Refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Once the chicken has marinaded for a few hours, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In an ovenproof skillet*, sear the chicken in the vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes per side.
*If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, just transfer the chicken to a baking dish after browning.
- As the chicken is cooking, sautee your mushrooms in the 2 Tbs. of butter.
- Brush the seared chicken with a little of the honey mustard marinade. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. Stack two pieces of cooked bacon on top of the chicken, then layer a few mushrooms on top of the bacon. Add 1-2 pieces of cheese on top of each piece of chicken, and then pop the who pan in the oven.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve the remaining honey mustard marinade on the side.
*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!
This chicken is legit! It is so good! The salty bite from the bacon mixed with the tangy honey mustard and the juicy mushrooms and chicken is on another level!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
**For the original recipe that I got from Pinterest, CLICK HERE!!
**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!