Sunday, March 8, 2015

DIY Planner


I have a confession to make, I'm a compulsive list maker. I love making lists and planning things out. I'm more productive that way. If I see a list of things that need done, I'm more likely to do them. Have you ever heard the saying, "Out of sight, out of mind?" Well, that saying is true for me. If I don't write it down, I don't remember it! 

Because of my love for lists and planning, it made perfect sense for me to have a personal planner. Now, these can get a little pricey if you buy them in the store, but if you make your own it's not only cheaper, but you can customize it to fit your needs.

This planner cost me about $2.50 to make. I found the notebook on sale for about a $1.50 at Target, and the markers I used are sold at the Dollar Tree for, yep, $1! Everything else was made with things I already had laying around the house; such as envelopes, tape, and an old magazine. 


How to make it:

You'll need:

-A notebook
-Markers
-A pen
-Scissors
-Tape
-Envelopes
-An old magazine (optional)

I started off by deciding what sections I wanted in my planner. I decided on these sections; Calender, Important Papers, Budget, Action, Meal Planning, Blogging, Contacts, and Notes.

I then made my own dividers by cutting small pieces of paper and writing the section name on them. I then laminated each tab using clear tape, and then taped them onto different pages. 


On the very inside of the cover, I put my contact info just in case I lost my planner somewhere.


On the first page I put a quote that I love. You can put a picture collage, a quote, whatever you want on this page. Customize it to fit you!


My very first tab is my calender section. You can print out calenders from the computer for a uniform look, or you can just draw your own like I did. Get creative!



On the last page of my calender section is my daily and weekly cleaning schedule. This is completely optional, but I love having it here so I can just flip to the page and see what I need to do on any certain day.


The second section in my planner is my Important Papers section. I keep all of my mail, coupons, receipts, and anything else I want to keep up with in this section. I used envelopes to make pockets for all of my papers. Just cut them to fit your planner. You can add more or less, depending on your needs.





My third section is my Budget section. I write down anything having to do with money in this section. 


My fourth section is my Action section. This is where I keep anything that needs to be done right away. Papers that need to be turned in, or mail that needs to go out. Anything that needs action right away.


The fifth section is my Meal Planning section. This is where I keep recipes I want to try, weekly meal plan, etc. Anything having to do with food goes here.



The sixth section is my Blogging section. Anything having to do with my blog goes here. Future post notes, diy's to try, etc. (BookBabe07 is an old blog that I have since deleted. That's why it's crossed out.)


The seventh section is my Contacts section. This is where I keep phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, etc.


The eight and final section is my Notes section. This is where I write store lists, to do lists, etc. 


That's it! It's so simple and easy, and you don't have to spend a ton of money to make your own. Of course you can spice it up however you want. Add some scrap booking stickers, use stencils, etc. That's up to you. I just wanted to show how simple and easy it is to make your own, and that it doesn't have to cost you a ton of money.

If you make your own, leave me a comment and let me know how you did it. I'd love to see pictures of your diy planners!

**It is okay to feature any of my photos or diy's as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit it given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment