Monday, March 9, 2015

Crockpot Creamy Mexican Chicken Recipe


Okay, are you ready for the easiest, and I'm mean EASIEST chicken dishes ever? Well, here it is! I discovered the original recipe for this dish on Pinterest (where else?) a while back. I tried it and fell in love! Honestly, you just throw the ingredients in, stir a few times, and that's it! This is a cake walk, people! Try it out, and you'll thank me later. =)




Crockpot Creamy Mexican Chicken

1 bag (2.5 - 3lbs) frozen chicken tenders OR 2 to 3 large chicken breasts
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, diced into large cubes
1 can corn, drained
1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies
1 Tbs. Taco Seasoning 
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (Optional)

-Place your chicken in the bottom of your crockpot. Add cream cheese, tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning, and black beans.
-Cook on high 3 to 4 hours OR low 6 to 8 hours.
-Once cooked, shred the chicken.
-Serve over rice, in a tortilla, or with tortilla chips!
-Garnish with cheese, lettuce, sour cream, olives, etc. Anything you like on a taco, you can put on here!

**I cooked mine for about 3 hours and fifteen minutes, then I turned off my slow cook. I took the lid off and let the chicken mixture sit in the crockpot for about 15 to 20 minutes before I served it. This way it gets thick creamy instead of soupy.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!


This recipe is honestly one of the easiest recipes I've ever made, and it comes out absolutely delicious! The original recipe doesn't call for the taco seasoning, but I think it adds a little extra flavor and balances the cream cheese out really well. Also, the original recipe call for black beans, but I don't add them. I'm not a black bean fan, but if you love them, throw them in!


Try this recipe out and let me know what you thought in the comments!

For the original recipe that I found on Pinterest, click here.

**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment