Thursday, March 5, 2015

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas Recipe


I love Mexican food, but I don't get to our local Mexican restaurant all that often. So, to curb cravings I make my own Mexican food at home! With millions of boards on Pinterest dedicated to food, finding a recipe is super easy! That's where I found a simple recipe for these Crockpot Chicken Fajitas, and then put my own little spin on them and added a few things.



Another crockpot recipe, you ask? Well, why not? Cooking in the crockpot is so simple and easy. You literally just thrown ingredients in and hit the switch! That's it! What can I say? My love for the crockpot is real! We have an understanding. I promise to take care of it and clean it as long as it promises to give me delicious and easy meals! So far this relationship is working great for me! =)

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

1 lb chicken breasts
3 bell peppers, sliced
1 package taco or fajita seasoning
2 Tbs. tomato paste
1 can Rotel Tomatoes with chilies, drained
1/4 cup water
1 onion, sliced
Flour tortillas
Fajita toppings (Rice, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, etc.)

-Put onions and peppers into the bottom of your crockpot, and then top with chicken breasts. 
-Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and fajita seasoning on top of chicken.
-Cook on high 3 to 4 hours, or low 6 to 8 hours. 
-Stir ingredients at least once during cooking.
-When done, shred chicken in crockpot. (You should just be able to use your spoon that you stirred with to shred chicken. It should easily pull apart.)
-*Serve with rice and other fajita toppings!

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!



These are so good, it's crazy! They're just so simple to make! These fajitas are a huge hit in my house, and they're sure to be a hit in yours!

Give this recipe a try and let me know in the comments what you think!

For the original recipe that I found on Pinterest, click here.

**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

  1. I use my crock pot 3 times a week! I love making the fajitas. We just have to use gf corn taco or tortilla shells and no cheese but it's still really good.

    ReplyDelete