Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Crockpot Baked Potato Soup Recipe



Ah, potato soup. We've had a pretty rocky relationship over the years, but I think I've finally put an end to our problems! Crockpot Baked Potato Soup! What can I say about this soup? Hmmm, it's creamy and cheesy, warm and gooey, and absolutely delicious! It's chock full of bacon and potatoes, and so good! =)



It's been a little bit cold here in southern WV, and by cold I mean it's been a BLIZZARD! We had so much snow that it was miserable! Now, I'm about five foot, and if I would've stepped outside I would've drowned! No thank you, Elsa, I DO NOT WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN! I basically hibernate in the winter, I hate the cold! The only thing I like about cold days is it's the perfect excuse to make a big pot of soup. Ooey gooey and delicious, this soup is perfect for a cold night! Give it a try and you won't be disappointed! 


Crockpot Baked Potato Soup

1 30oz. bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 32oz. box of chicken broth
I can (10oz.) cream of chicken soup
I 8oz. package of cream cheese, diced
3oz. bacon bits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup - 1 cup of milk

-Put your hash browns into your crockpot; then add the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and half of the bacon bits. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. 
-Cook on low 7 to 8 hours, or high 3 to 4 hours. Cook until potatoes are tender.
-An hour before the soup is done, add the cream cheese to the crockpot. I added a few slices of good old Kraft singles. Who doesn't have a few of those laying around? ;) 
-Throughout the last hour, be sure to stir the soup at least twice to ensure the cream cheese mixes in all the way. My soup was a little thick at this point, so I added about a cup of milk. (This is completely optional, but if your soup is looking a little too thick try it. Start with about 1/4 cup and work your way up to the consistency you like.)
-When the soup is done, garnish with extra shredded cheese and bacon bits. Also, salt and pepper to your liking.
-You can also add some scallions on top for an extra kick! 

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!

This soup is amazing! As you can tell, I love my potato soup with lots of cheese. If you don't like a lot of cheese, feel free to skip that part. Just be sure to use the cream cheese or it just won't be the same! =)

Leave me a comment and let me know if you love it as much as I do. Nothing is better on a chilly winter night than a hot bowl of soup! Enjoy!


**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment