Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Breakfast - Baked French Toast Recipe



My mother has put up with a lot from my brother and I over the years. She kissed so many "boo boo's," and mended so many broken hearts. I thank God that I have such a fantastic mom that never fails to go above and beyond for her children. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I did!
There are a few times a year we can celebrate our momma's, birthdays and mother's day. Whether you have the money to buy your mom anything in the world or you just diy a little something from the heart, do a little something special for your momma on mother's day. It's not about how much you spend, it truly is the thought that counts!

I made this amazing French Toast Bake the night before, and all I had to do was pop it in the oven and let it get golden brown. My momma is a sucker for french toast, and she loved this! ♥

French Toast Bake ♡

7 slices white sandwich bread
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. Light brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
3 large eggs
Dash of salt
Cinnamon
*Powdered sugar for garnish
*Syrup for garnish

- In a round (about 9") baking dish, pour butter in, making sure to get a little up the sides. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup of brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Place the bread in dish, arranging how you'd like (I did four on the bottom and three on top). Sprinkle the Tbs of brown sugar over the bread.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and cinnamon. You can use as much or as little cinnamon as you'd like.
- Pour egg mixture over bread as evenly as you can. Press the bread down slightly so it can soak up the custard. You can sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top if you'd like!
- Cover with plastic wrap (lay it on top of the bread and press down even more so it doesn't dry out. Don't press too hard!).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
*Garnish with powdered sugar and syrup!

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!

Soooo yummy!! ♥


**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment