Monday, January 6, 2014

Peanut Butter Balls Recipe



So, for every holiday, birthday, or Friday my mom and I love to get together in the kitchen and make our favorite recipes. This usually includes seven layer bars, cheeseballs, and my favorite, peanut butter balls! My mom has made these for as long as I can remember, and ever since I was old enough to stand on a chair next to the counter I've been helping. These babies are always a hit, and sure to impress!

Momma's Peanut Butter Balls

1 pound powdered sugar
1 stick butter, melted
2 Tbs milk
3/4 small jar peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 block gulf wax

-Mix together sugar, butter, peanut butter, milk, and vanilla using your hands.
-Mix thoroughly until mixture thickens. Roll into balls and let sit in the fridge at least 30 minutes. If you just can't wait that long stick them in the freezer about 10 - 15 minutes.
-Melt wax over a double boiler. 

-Once wax is melted pour in chocolate chips and stir until melted.
-Once everything is melted, take off of the heat. (If chocolate starts to thicken back up, just put back on the heat and stir until melted.)
-Using two spoons, dip balls in chocolate and then set on wax paper to cool.

*Nuts are a great addition to these peanut butter balls. Not only do they give them a nice crunch, but they cut the sweetness of the chocolate! If you want to add them, just chop and throw into the batter before you roll into balls.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!




**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment