Friday, December 13, 2013

Chocolate Truffles Recipe



Christmas is coming soon, and nothing says "Merry Christmas!" like homemade candy! Peanut butter balls, seven layer bars, haystacks, you name it, I make it! Now, like I've said before, I'm somewhat of a Food Network addict, and the Barefoot Contessa is among some of my favorites to watch. She made chocolate truffles the other day, and I decided to try my hand at them.
These truffles are delicious and so easy. The smell of the chocolate is mouth watering, and they just melt in your mouth like silky chocolatey goodness!

Chocolate Truffles

1/2 pound Lindt bittersweet chocolate
1/2 pound Ghiradelli semisweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbs prepared coffee
1/2 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar

-Chop chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl.
-Heat cream to almost boiling and then pour over chocolate. 
-Whisk to melt chocolate and then add coffee and vanilla.
-Set in fridge for at least an hour.
-Once chocolate is firm, roll into balls and then roll in powdered sugar. 
-Refrigerate.
-*You can also roll truffles in cocoa, nuts, etc.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!


**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment