Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cheesecake Bars Recipe



There's nothing like Christmas to get me in the baking mood! For my momma's Christmas party I decided to try something new. I've never made cheesecake before, so the thought of making a whole one scares the bejesus out of me. That's why I started with these bars. There easy and delicious!

Cheesecake Bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 Tbs sugar
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese,  softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs

-Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 3 Tbs sugar together. Press into the bottom of a 13x9" baking pan.
-Mix cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla with a mixer on medium until blended. 
-Add eggs and mix until blended. 
-Pour over crust.
-Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until center is almost set. 
-Cool on counter until room temp.
-Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. 
-Cut into bars.

*I poured a chocolate drizzle on top to add a little something extra. To make just microwave a 1/2 - 3/4 cups of semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave at 20 second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Add about 1/2 tsp vegetable oil to melted chocolate and stir. Drizzle onto cheesecake bars.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!




**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment