Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Julia Child's Potato Soup Recipe (Potage Parmentier)



It feels like we've skipped fall and went straight to winter this year, and there's nothing I love more in the winter than a big hot bowl of soup! I've been reading Julie & Julia lately and there was a ridiculously easy recipe for potato soup in there. Naturally, I love any easy recipe and I'm a sucker for a good bowl of potato soup, so tonight I tried my hand at it. This recipe is super easy and so good!!!

Potato Soup (Potage Parmentier)

3-4 cups diced potatoes
3 cups leeks
2 quarts water
1 Tbs salt
1/3 cup heavy cream
2-3 Tbs butter

-In a pot, simmer water, potatoes,  leeks, and salt for 45 minutes.
-When vegetables are tender, mash with a fork or run through a food mill. 
-Add cream and butter and stir until combined.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!

Yummy!!!!!

**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment