Friday, November 8, 2013

Baked Cheese Sticks Recipe



Sometimes, you just need that cheesy snack to get you through all the drama on Grey's Anatomy! :) That was the case last night. While some people reach for chocolate, I reach for cheese. I love a good cheesy snack, and nothing hits the spot like a gooey, melty cheese stick. I really hate frying things and try to avoid it at all costs, and while the taste of a fried cheese stick will take your breath away I was determined to make a baked version that was just as good. I do believe I succeeded!

Baked Cheese Sticks

1 package string cheese
1 cup italian breadcrumbs ( I used plain and just added some Italian seasoning)
1 cup flour
2 eggs
2 Tbs. Milk
2 Tbs. Butter, melted
Marinara sauce
Ketchup

-Unwrap as much cheese as you'd like and cut in half. 
-In a bowl mix eggs and milk. 
-In another bowl pour the flour,  and in a third bowl pour breadcrumbs. 
-Dip cheese sticks in flour, then milk, then breadcrumbs. Lay on a foil lined baking sheet. 
-Repeat until pan is full. 
-Place pan in freezer and freeze for at least 20 minutes. 
-When you take them out of the freezer, drizzle butter on top of each stick. 
-Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. 
-*Serve with marinara sauce or ketchup!

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!




**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment