Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dorito Taco Casserole Recipe (Walking Taco Casserole)



First off, let me start by proclaiming my love for Pinterest! It's literally a foodie's paradise! I found this recipe on Pinterest, of course,  and had to try it. It's a Dorito Taco Casserole, which is exactly like a "Walking Taco," only in casserole form. It's delicious!

Dorito Taco Casserole

1 lb hamburger
1 package taco seasoning
8 oz. Sour cream
1 package of Crescent Rolls
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Crushed Doritos

Extra toppings (Lettuce, sour cream, cheese, olives, tomatoes, etc.) 

-Brown hamburger and then drain the grease. 
-To the pan, along with the ground meat, add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes,  and a tiny bit of water. Let simmer on stove until it thickens, about ten minutes. 
-Meanwhile, in a greased pan, press out crescent rolls to make crust. 
-Once meat mixture thickens, layer on crescents. Then layer on sour cream, then cheese.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until cheese melts.
-Once out of the oven,  crush Doritos on top.
-*Garnish with extra toppings!

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!

YUM!!!!!! This recipe takes me back to my childhood. I remember going to baseball games during the summer and eating a "Walking Taco" from the concession stand. How fun are "Walking Tacos?" If you've never had one I urge you to try them! You can make them at home, but nothing beats enjoying one at a summertime baseball game! Ahhh, perfection!

Give this recipe a try, and then let me know in the comments how you liked it!

**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment