Sunday, October 13, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Recipe



So, I've has a serious cheesy pasta craving lately. Where I've been feeling a little sick I haven't been doing much cooking...Well, I haven't been doing much of anything besides watching Lifetime movies, but today I couldn't take it any longer! I pulled out my trusty crockpot and whipped up the easiest chicken Parmesan ever! The secret is really good Parmesan cheese. Not the Kraft bottled kind, but the really nice kind that comes in wedge form and sits in the "nice" cheese case! Haha

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan

2 to 4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 Tbs. Olive oil
1 egg, beaten
4 to 6 slices mozzarella
1 jar pasta sauce

-Drizzle oil in bottom of crock. 
-In a bowl, beat egg. 
-In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and spices. 
-Dip chicken in egg and then crumb mix, then place in crock. 
-Top with mozzarella and cover with pasta sauce. 
-Cook on low 6 to 7 hours or high 3 to 4. 
-Serve over your choice of pasta. I chose penne because it's a favorite of mine! 

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!

**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment