Friday, October 11, 2013

Chili Recipe



I swear I make chili at least once a month! It's such a crowd pleaser around my house. It doesn't matter if it's summer or winter, chili is on the menu year round. I also love that it's so versatile, and so easy! It's almost impossible to screw up! 

Chili

2 to 3 lbs. Ground beef
1 large onion,  diced
1 Tbs. Minced garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans chili beans
1 can tomato paste
1 bottle (64oz) tomato juice
2 packs chili seasoning
2 Tbs. Butter
Vegetable oil

-In a large pot, brown beef in a little vegetable oil. Drain the meat and set aside. 
-Add more oil to pot, along with butter, and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are slightly tender, about five minutes, and then add meat back in. 
-Add the rest of the ingredients in the pot and simmer at least an hour. (I drain and rinse the kidney beans!)
-Serve with crackers, cheese, jalapenos, etc.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!

This chili tasted like you've been simmering it all day, it's so good! The best part is, the leftovers are even better the next day!

**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment