Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crockpot Beef Bourguignon Recipe (Fancy Beef Stew)



So, the other night while scanning through the channels I land on the movie Julie & Julia! I adore Meryl Streep in that movie, and any movie about food is definitely right up my alley. While I watched Amy Adams tackle Julia Child's famous Beef Bourguignon, I thought, "There has to be a simpler way to do that recipe!" Now we all know there are two great loves in my life, Pinterest and my crockpot! So, I pulled both out of my arsenal, found a recipe, and set off on this little adventure!

Crockpot Beef Bourguignon

3 lbs of beef stew meat
6 slices of raw bacon
2 Tbs. Olive oil
1 large onion, sliced in rings
1 cup carrots
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs. Herbs de Provence
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbs. Tomato paste
2 cups red wine
3 Tbs. Butter
1lb sliced mushrooms
Beef stock

-In the bottom of your crockpot, smear oil and then lay down 3 slices of bacon. 
-Add onion and garlic, then meat. Toss in herbs and coat meat. 
-Add tomato paste, and then lay down the rest of the bacon. 
-Throw in carrots, mushrooms, and butter. 
-Add wine and then cover the rest of the way with beef stock. 
-Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or high 5 to 6 hours.

*For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE!!!

*Remember, don't cook with a wine that you wouldn't drink! The alcohol cooks out, but the flavor of the wine is still there. Also, you can omit the wine if you prefer and just use beef stock.


**It is okay to feature one of my photos or recipes on a site, as long as you provide a link back to my site, or proper credit is given. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment